Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Encouragement Pot Roast

Yesterday was one of those days. I woke up with anticipation. It should have been a day of new beginnings. Life had been tough, in some ways, for the last few years. But it looked as if things were improving. We felt that we were about to turn the corner, having learned much from past mistakes. However, we were let down when an agreement was broken. It felt like a kick in the stomach. I felt helpless and hopeless. I know that people will disappoint us. I needed to be reminded that God never will. He is always with us, no matter what the situation. And no matter how bad things seem, He is right there, with His arms around us. Yesterday has left its scars, but I made it through today. God gave me the strength He has promised. Oh, I had moments of tears, anger, and fatigue. But then I decided to receive God's grace and then share it! My husband did not deserve to come home to a sad, sloppy house with nothing to eat in it. So... I made him Encouragement Pot Roast! It smelled wonderful when he got home. I served it with homemade mashed potatoes and maple green beans. You see, he needed encouragement today. He needed to know that we are in this together, and I am strong enough to help him! I will post the recipes tomorrow. My husband needs a kiss goodnight! :)

2 comments:

Mar said...

Hi Middle (short for Middle Button)

I'm looking forward to your "Encouragement Pot Roast" recipe. And I am very proud of you for putting aside your own feelings and thinking of Dan's. I know that was very much appreciated. Of course I have never been in your kitchen when it was NOT full of delicious aroma.

I know that you are facing an extreme challenge and it is overwhelming. Many who read this blog have faced similar things and have struggled through and some are still struggeling. The best I can offer is to stay focused on the Lord and know know KNOW that He sees, hears, and cares. And in His time, He will not only provide, but He will reward you for staying in faith.

You are a vital member of our family and we are all proud of you and cherish you. Your children, yes - MY GRANDCHILDREN - are absolutely wonderful and I'm so thankful you and Dan are bringing them up in the Lord. Thanks for letting me borrow them for a few days. They are a delight!!!!

Love,
Mom

Dorothy Bowen Klass said...

I have just been through a really big bump in the road myself!!! Almost threw me off my feet! But the stability and comfort I got from the Lord carried me through. Some days I just had to say scripture over and over, "You WILL keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind is stayed on You"....."Fear not, there is NOTHING to fear for I AM with you. Do not look around you in terror and be dismayed for I AM your God. I WILL strengthen you, I WILL help you, I WILL uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness."

WOW!!! After a few doses of the Word I was able to steady myself, take a deep breath, and keep going!!!!

You are in my prayers.