Tuesday, July 29, 2008

From the Kitchen with Love




There is nothing more inviting than a cozy kitchen filled with the aroma of a cake in the oven or spices simmering on the stove. For me, preparing a meal or a special dish for someone is an expression of love. From birthday cakes to comfort food to holiday goodies, I love to treat the ones I love with something delicious. When I see a smile slowly stretch across the face of my husband after a long day at work as he stops at the stove to smell one of his favorite dishes, or hear a sigh of contentment as he takes a bite of his favorite dessert, I know I have succeeded.

4 comments:

Mar said...

Hi Laurie,

You have created a kitchen that is welcoming, delicious smelling, and always popping with something new to tease the tongue. I'm so proud of your skills and devotion to be a good "homemaker" and "Godly wife," and teacher of MY grandchildren! And I have to say that you have the gift of hospitality which ALWAYS makes anyone who comes into your home feel welcome. God truly blessed me with my "Middle Button" daughter.

Mom - Mar

Jan said...

Hey Laurie,
You are truly the "Hospitality Queen"! Everytime I come to your house I feel the warmth of hospitality with the best of company and delicious food!! I must say that it reminds me of going home to mom's cooking!:) God has blessed you with so many talents but your cooking is my favorite! I am way overdue for a visit so watch out...it might be soon! I am sooo ready for a ladies weekend down at the beach also!! You and I share a common bond of being the middle one... and isn't that SPECIAL!! I love you and thank God for the extraordinary woman you have become!
You are a blessing to me!
Love always,
Janet

Dorothy Bowen Klass said...

Welcome to the blogging world!! It is a delight to have you here. I can't wait to see your mouth watering recipies!!!

Hollie Pack said...

Hey La!

Wow, you are so talented! Your BLOG is really impressive. Of course, I already knew what a fabulous cook you are. I miss you a lot and can't wait to talk to you soon.
Big Hugs!!!
Hollie For-Free