Friday, November 7, 2008

Make a JOYFUL noise unto the Lord!

Here I am at Laurie's house. Yes, Grandma has come for a visit. This seems to be the only way I can make sure that she posts on her blog! She thinks the house is topsy turvy. I think it is wonderful! They are working on some renovation projects. Someone is singing all the time. Laurie is singing as she cooks and cleans up the kitchen. Dan bursts into song every now and then as he is hammering and nailing on the new hardwood floors he is installing. Sarah sang her upcoming solos in the Christmas play. Hannah sang the last number she did for Church service. Peter and Abby did a little Christian rap and we all had to crack up. Then the delight of my morning was when Laurie sat down at the piano with me and I accompanied her to "When Answers Aren't Enough" and I was just beaming. It is such a blessing to enjoy my musical family, so see how they all love the Lord, and use their talents to honor Him. And we had fun. We really did.

Mom/Grandma/Marlene

2 comments:

Mar said...

What a delicious dinner you prepared for Dad and me last night. The house was so warm and joyfully decorated and of course the laughter of the children always makes the best of times. Thanks so much. Did Abby finish her blanket she was weaving? It was fun seeing her "speak to Santa" and still see the sparkle in her eyes as she grinned up at him. She will soon have to move over as the baby girl of the family, wont she?

Peter is creeping way too fast towards being a teenager as he gets taller and acts so much more protective and responsible. We are so proud of him. Hannah was beautiful and charming as ever. Sarah delighted me with her piano lesson and evidence that she had practiced and loves music. Your family is such a blessing, Laurie. Of course you know I just TOLERATE Dan!

Love,
Mom

Sparklinglake said...

Hi Mama, here's my blog. :)